Payment/ Cards Accepted
Own this listing?.
Enhance your business by uploading logo and photos
|Burns and Plastic Surgeon|
|Presently Working at|
|Gujarat Burns Hospital|
|M.S.; M.Ch. (Plastic Surgery)|
|International Society of Burn Injuries, Association of Plastic Surgeons of India, National Academy of Burns - India, Indian Medical Association, Association of Plastic Surgeons of India, National Academy of Burns - India|
|Awards & Achievements|
|Dr. B.C.Roy National Award|
|Sterling Hospital Ahmedabad|
|Professor of Plastic Surgery|
|Years of Experience|
|List of Publications
Not included in Medical Database but published in Journals of National Societies/Professional bodies and as chapters in Medical Books
1. Bilwani P K. Methylmethaacrylic ball interpositional arthroplasty in Ankylosis of Temporomandibular Joint, A case reports. Ind. J of Plastic Surgery
9: 73-75, 1976.
2. Bilwani P K. “Delayed Exposed Secondary Skin grafting”. Ind. J. of Plastic Surgery 10:72-71, 1977.
3. Bilwani P K. “Diphalia - a case report”. Ind. J of Plastic surgery 11 : 74-79, 1978.
4. Bilwani P K. “Forehead Rhinoplasty”. Gujarat Medical Journal 26: 196-197, 1979.
5. Bilwani P K. "Use of Lyofoam as a dressing for split skin graft donor sites". Indian Journal of Plastic Surgery 21: 38-40, 1988.
6. Bilwani P K. “Burns in Elderly”. Indian Journal of Burns 2: 45-49, 1994.
7. Bilwani P K."Then and now : burns in India : 25 Years of burn care in India". Burns 26:79-80, 2000.
8. Bilwani P K, Gupta Ruchi."The Epidemiological Profile of Burn Patients in L.G.Hospital Ahmedabad”. Indian Journal of Burns 11: 63-64, 2003.
Received Best Paper Award in NABICON 2003 Ahmedabad.
9. Bilwani P K."Concept of Team Approach in burn care". Indian Journal of burns Vol. 13: 80, 2005.
10. Bilwani P K. “Rajan Sarabhai Patel Burn Center at L.G. Hospital, Ahmedabad (A Model Burn center)”. Indian Journal of Burns Vol. 13:58-60, 2005
11. Bilwani P K. "Skin Donation" an overview of 26 years experience”, Indian Journal of Burns Vol. 13:18, 2005.
12. Bilwani P K.“Burn Care in Modest Private Setup”. Indian Journal of Burns Vol.15:9-13. 2007
13. Bilwani P K, Nanda Deepak. “Biological Dressings and Skin Substitutes in Burns”. Principles and Practice of Burn Care, Chapter 17, Jaypee, New Delhi, 2010.
14. Bilwani P K. “Guidelines for using Topical Antimicrobials & Systemic Antibiotics in Paediatric Burns. Paediatric Burns-Total Management of the Burned Child, Chapter 10, Paras, Hyderabad
|* Former Professor of Plastic Surgery, NHL Municipal Medical
* Director, Gujarat Burns Hospital, Ahmedabad
* Consultant Plastic Surgeon, Sterling Hospital, Ahmedabad
Dr. P.K.Bilwani, born on 29th April 1945, passed MBBS in 1967 and M.S. (Surgery) in 1971 from Jabalpur Medical College. He passed M.Ch. (Plastic Surgery) from Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences Chandigarh in 1975. Since then he has worked on several prestigious positions in Ahmedabad like Professor & Head of Plastic Surgery in B.J.Medical College and Civil Hospital (1976-81), Honorary Professor and Head of Burns and Plastic Surgery in NHL Municipal Medical College and L.G.Hospital (1981-2005). He had been postgraduate teacher, guide and examiner for M.Ch. (Plastic Surgery) course in Gujarat University. He has taught and trained several postgraduate students in Plastic Surgery who are now settled successfully as Consulting Plastic Surgeons in various parts of India.
Dr. P.K.Bilwani has served as President of National Academy of Burns – India (1998-99) and President of Association of Plastic Surgeons of India (2001). As an organizing Chairman, he has organized two national conferences (NBICON 1999 and APSICON 2001), several CMEs/Updates on Burns and two workshops on Aesthetic Surgery in Ahmedabad.
Dr. P.K.Bilwani has delivered several Guest Lectures and read papers in national and international conferences. He has extensively traveled in the Globe and visited several burn centers as a visitor notably in Birmingham (UK), Buckinghamshire (UK), Galveston-Texas (USA), Cincinnati (USA), Seattle (USA), Shanghai (China) and Tokyo (Japan).
Dr.P.K.Bilwani is an active member of about 10 national
and international bodies. He is recipient of `Phoolan Devi Award` from National Academy of Burns-India, `Gillies Oration Award` from Association
of Plastic Surgeons of India and `Rotary Centennial Service Award` for professional excellence from Rotary International. He is recipient of
Dr. B.C. Roy National Award from Medical Council of India further year 2006 under the category of Socio Medical Relief. He had been giving services for free plastic surgery camps in Gujarat for the last about 30 years. He is instrumental in bringing up `Model Burn Centre` in L.G. Hospital Ahmedabad with the support of American Association of Physicians of Indian origin (AAPI).
Currently Dr. P.K.Bilwani is Director of GUJARAT BURNS HOSPITAL & RESEARCH CENTRE AHMEDABAD. He is a consultant in Burns and Plastic Surgery at STERLING HOSPITAL AHMEDABAD
|24, Sarthi-3, Memnagar, Ahmedabad 380052 (Gujarat)-India|
|Res: Phone NO|
|10-1PM & 6-8 PM|
|Find This Business Under Bone Specialists, Doctors/ Bone Specialists, Doctors/ Orthopaedic, Orthopaedics Doctors
|Find Similar Business Bone Specialists in Mysore Fort (Mysore, Karnataka), Doctors/ Bone Specialists in Mysore Fort (Mysore, Karnataka), Doctors/ Orthopaedic in Mysore Fort (Mysore, Karnataka), Orthopaedics Doctors in Mysore Fort (Mysore, Karnataka)
|View Mysore Fort (Mysore, Karnataka) Locality Guide
|View Mysore (Karnataka) Locality Guide